Interchange Shoalhaven is seeking a professional and experienced Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper on a part time basis; 3 days (22.5 hours) per week to join our vibrant, down to earth team.
Your new company
Interchange Shoalhaven has worked to make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities. We specialise in providing a wide range of services to children and adults with a disability and their families, including: Respite, Community Access, In Home Support and Day Services. We are a strong value based organisation which is at the centre of everything we do. We support people all over Shoalhaven region but this role is based Nowra.
Your new role
The Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper will assist the Leader Operational Solutions to ensure the efficient running of the accounts by taking ownership of the transactional / bookkeeping tasks.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Effective management of the accounts payable process, including:
- Ensuring all invoices and payments are coded correctly and paid within a timely manner.
- Maintaining the supplier ledger.
- Resolving supplier queries.
- Effective management of the accounts receivable process, including:
- Ensuring all invoicing to customers is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Chasing of outstanding debts, and communication of issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Completion of daily bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of fortnightly payroll runs.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year end accounts.
- Liaising with all staff and external parties (customers, suppliers, regulatory authorities).
- Assisting with ad hoc projects and tasks where required.
- Look for opportunities for process improvements.
What you’ll need to succeed
The successful applicant will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance ideal (or studying towards).
- Previous accounting / bookkeeping experience.
- Experience working with accounting systems (ability to work with Xero will be viewed upon favourably).
- Intermediate Excel (Google Sheets) skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including;
- Critical and analytical thinking.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Proactive and a problem solver.
- Working with Children Check
- Police Check
- Available for Interview Thursday 26th September 2019
- Previous experience working within the Disability Sector
- Knowledge of the SCHADS award
What you’ll get in return
Alongside a competitive hourly rate, temporary and contract workers through Interchange Shoalhaven enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Award Pay Rates; $31.92 p/h + 9.5% Super
- Salary packaging to pay benefits and living expenses from pre-tax income
- Ongoing training and support will be offered in this role.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Values-led culture, where we emphasise a healthy work-life balance
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in a role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV via email and any questions directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job information.